For those who want to change.
These recognised courses have an openness that allows you to explore for yourself, are remarkably insightful and resonate on a personal level.
The classes are very easy to follow, delivered in a user-friendly style which is unique to this centre, taking the student on a journey from conceptual thought to experiential knowledge and awareness.
The classes are specifically designed for Western mind and for those who want to grow and change in themselves. They include Accessible Yoga and different forms of Meditation.
Gen Chris Ngawang Yangchen Roberts’ teachings:
Gen-la has been teaching since 1992. Her innovative classes have applied the understanding of mind from teaching Tibetan Buddhism in a Traditional Tibetan Medical Institute.
She has developed different teaching styles, approaches, techniques and methods that are powerful antidotes to overcome problems.
Gen-la presents these very different Buddhist classes with humour, understanding and compassion and answers questions in a way that is uncommonly insightful.
- overcome anger, jealousy, anxiety, stress and dependencies
- open up awareness that can lead to natural confidence, calmness and happiness
- transform adversity
- let go
- overcome problems in everyday life and make better decisions
- improve relationships, develop love, compassion and wisdom
Year 1 subjects include:
- Opening up awareness and learning to be mindful
- Overcoming negative habits, cause and effect
- Overcoming destructive emotions
- Learning from a mistake
- Working with change
- Making the most of your situation
- Exploring the connection between Western culture, science, mind and Tibetan Buddhism
- Cultural conditioning
- Overcoming attachment and aversion and developing wisdom
- Equanimity and relationships
- Teacher yoga
Overcoming Problems Year 1 goes for one year, with breaks throughout the year. Classes generally run for 1.5 to 2 hours. If the course has already been running for a few weeks and you are interested in attending please phone or enrol online to see whether the course is still open.
Once Overcoming Problems 1 is completed, students are able to go on to Overcoming Problems 2.
All classes are by donation and the centres are run by volunteers.