For those who want to change.
The courses have an openness that allows you to explore for yourself, are remarkably insightful and resonate on a personal level.
The classes are very easy to follow, delivered in a user-friendly style which is unique to this centre, taking the student on a journey from conceptual thought to experiential knowledge and awareness.
The classes are specifically designed for Western mind and for those who want to grow and change in themselves.
Gen-la Chris Yangchen’s teachings:
Gen-la has been teaching since 1992. Her innovative classes have applied the understanding of mind from teaching Tibetan Buddhism in a Traditional Tibetan Medical Institute.
She has developed different teaching styles, approaches, techniques and methods that are powerful antidotes to overcome problems.
Gen-la presents these very different Buddhist classes with humour, understanding and compassion and answers questions in a way that is uncommonly insightful.
- overcome anger, jealousy, anxiety, stress and dependencies
- open up awareness that can lead to natural confidence, calmness and happiness
- transform adversity
- let go
- overcome problems in everyday life and make better decisions
- improve relationships, develop love, compassion and wisdom
- overcome phobias
Meditation is: in over 50% of classes and is also held before the class starts. The classes include mindfulness and a variety of meditations.
Year 1 subjects include:
- Opening up awareness and learning to be mindful
- Overcoming negative habits, cause and effect
- Overcoming destructive emotions
- Learning from a mistake
- Working with change
- Making the most of your situation
- Exploring the connection between Western culture, science, mind and Tibetan Buddhism
- Cultural conditioning
- Overcoming attachment and aversion and developing wisdom
- Equanimity and relationships
- Teacher yoga
Overcoming Problems Year 1 goes for one year, with breaks throughout the year. Classes generally run for 1.5 to 2 hours. If the course has already been running for a few weeks and you are interested in attending please phone or enrol online to see whether the course is still open.
Once Overcoming Problems 1 is completed, students are able to go on to Overcoming Problems 2.
All classes are by donation and the centres are run by volunteers.